Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Spin Roving Swap Questionaire

I know I probably mispelled the title but here goes

1) How long have you been spinning?
For about 2 months

2) Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?
I would say that I'm about Intermediate on my spindle but I have yet to conquer the wheel

3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both?
Mostly spindles but hopefully by the time this swap is over, I'll be spinning like crazy on my new wheel

4) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?
My drop spindles vary from lace weight to hunka chunka. I own about 5+ and only one of them is a low whorl. I just purchased an Ashford Traditional Wheel (see below) that I haven't started spinnign on yet.

5) What type of fibers have you spun with before?
I'm horrible at identifying fibers but I've spun corriedale, BFL, silk(which I wasn't too crazy about), angora, merino (I have tons of it), merino/tencel blend, merino/firestar blend and variouse other unidentifyable wool fibers.

6) What fibers do you prefer to spin with?
Merino & BFL but I would love to try any other types of wool

7) What fibers do you dislike?
Hairy ones like the angora and silk

8) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
No preference because if it's natural I'll prolly dye it anyway

9) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?
No preference but I have a lot of Merino so something different would be nice

10) What are you favorite colors?
I like green but I'm game for most neutral colors

11) What colors do you dislike?
Pink (can't stand it)

12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here)
I'm in sock knitting mode but I plan on gearing up for Winter with lotsa hats, mittens and neckwarmers

13) What spinning projects are you currently working on?
Nothing really. I'm waiting for my wheel to get in working order. Right now I spin small sample skeins to destress sometimes

14) Do you have a wishlist?
nope

15) What are your other favorite hobbies?
Knitting, Crocheting, Sewing

16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)
smoke

17) What is your preferred shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)?
USPS, but it really doesn't matter

Additional Questions:
1. Do you subscribe to any fiber-related magazines? If so, which ones, and for how long have you received the magazines?
No, I currently do not subscribe to any fiber related magazines. I bought my first issue of spin-off from the newstand.

2. Do you have any spinning-related books? If so, which ones?
Currently the only books I own that relate to spinning are related to dyeing roving. I own Color in Spinning by Menz and Hands on Dyeing. I also own the Twisted Sister Sock knitting Workbook which got me wanting to spin in the first place.

I hope this helps and thanks Secret Pal for reminding me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh weeeeeeeeeeeee I'm not in the Spinning swap, but I just wanted to say, "Whoa what a score on that wheel!!". Here's to many fun hours of spinning pleasure. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This is really helpful.

- Secret Swap Pal