Friday, April 03, 2009

Outta My System

Now I can finally stop obsessing over this thing. I swatched on Wednesday during Lost and casted on yesterday. I felt compelled to finish or else this thing haunt me forever. You wanna know something? After everything was said and done, I thought to myself ...."Meh".

It was a very anticlimactic moment. It didn't turn out exactly how I remembered the orginal holy grail of a hat as being but its close enough. I'm not bummed out about it though. I know that my indifference stems from my yarn choice. The original hat was done in an aran tweed and here I used lustrous Vanna's choice acrylic. By the way, Vanna's choice is my favorite acrylic yarn to use. They come in some really nice colors. Except for the baby colors, they're not my cup of tea.

All in all, my obsession has been quenched and I'm glad that I can get back to knitting my socks. I took some notes so I'll definitely be on the lookout for some tweed yarn...or maybe just try to spin some up. Did somebody say Webs anniversary sale? Who said that? Bad enablers, no cookies for you!

8 comments:

allegranoir said...

This is so cute! Can we please have a pattern?

Sheila said...

Love the hat!

Shameka said...

WEBS ANNIVERSARY SALE
Hehe... Did you see Cookie A's Book? I got it. It's awesome!! Now I have a sock pattern for every yarn in my stash. Yippe!!

Sorry that your hat didn't come out the way you wanted it. Yes, yarn choices are very important. I will say it again....WEBS ANNIVERSARY SALE!!!

Anonymous said...

Is this a unisex hat? I'm thinking "meh" too, but I think it has potential.

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

So cute! I love it. You've been tagged by the way;)

Necia said...

That was fast, and I think the hat is adorable!

Jeanine said...

Very cute

get zapped said...

Darling hat. I love the pattern and color. Very cool!