Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Newbie on the block

What a shame, a whole month and no post! Do you know what the problem is? The problem is that I hardly have time to update my blog because I'm busy reading all the other great knitting blogs out there. I loooove looking at cool new stuff to knit. My goal is to someday design something cool that be like my moniker or signature. Yes, I want to be right up there with Clapotis (: I'm not great at expressing myself, but hopefully, through this blog,I'll be able to learn.

And now for my favorite subject in the whole entire world...(drumroll please) KNITTING (YEEEAAAH). Here's a list of my current projects (picture to follow in following post)

-A top down knit poncho for a 2 year old. I'm using Carons Simply Soft in Rasberry and Light Rose. This is a pattern I'm trying to design, so we'll see how it turns out.

- I'm working on a pair of socks from some wool that I dyed with koolaid. I'm using Wendy's toe-up sock pattern from her blog.

-I'm also making my friend a hat from a crochet pattern that I made up while I was on the train one day. I made myself one in green and I can't wait to make a bunch more for the spring!

I try to keep my WIP down to 4 or 5 but sometimes it does get out of hand. Now, its time to break out the old Kodak.

Peace and Hairgrease!


CAMI said...

Harlem Purl,

Knit on, you should sell your stuff! Have you ever though of that? Can you blog so more of the stuff the you make. I might have you make something for me?

smile Cami

Anonymous said...

Hey Harlem Purl,
It's so good to see your blog. I just wanted to say hello, and ask you to check out my blog as well I set it up this week and will post pictures of my work soon. And I must say, you are tempting me to start dyeing my own yarns too.