Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hi my name is HP and I'm addicted to yarn!

It's offical. I'm on a yarn diet.




Last week I went here and got this






and the next day I went here and got this.


Yes, I know, I have a problem. I've never been on a yarn diet before so I'm only vowing to lay off the yarn for about 2 weeks. Pray for me yall!

Time flies when you've got gifts to knit. I always plan well in advanced but for some reason it always seems like I'm up late the night before it's due chanting to myself "just one more row". Mothers day is right around the corner and I was planning on making my Nana a wonderful shawl so that all the other church folks can oooh and ahh over it. But I've got two issues. #1 - I wanted to make it out of Mohair, but as I stated earlier, I'm on a diet and #2 - I cant find a pattern that I can make in less than two weeks. Oh well, looks like she'll be getting a pair of handmade socks. I'm thinking Pomatomus even though I haven't tried the Grumperina's Jaywalkers yet. I'll keep yall posted on the progress.

Right now, I don't have much on the needles. Just a hat to match the poncho from my previouse post and a top down raglan baby sweater made from Lion Brands One Pound. Can I just say that I really dislike this yarn. It splits like the dickens and for some reason my Denise's keep on seperating right in the middle of a row and I cannot tell you how annoying this is. I've never had this problem before so I'm blaming it all on the yarn. Well at least I didn't pay for it. The yarn was given to me as a Christmas gift and yes I always request yarn for christmas. The only good thing about the yarn is that it's so darn soft for an acrylic. That's the only reason this project hasn't landed in the NGF (never gonna finish) pile. Next post I promise to have a pic of at least one FO only because I love surfing knitting blogs with lots of pictures. Happy knitting everyone!

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Hey from Brooklyn Harlem Purl. Found your link through the sisterfriendknit blog. = )