Monday, May 08, 2006

BREAKING NEWS!

I'm going to try and make a long story short because I don't want to get side tracked. I can put it into two words.............
YARN SALE!

On my way home from work this afternoon, something compelled me to visit one of my LYS. My first and last visit to the Lion and the Lamb was over a year ago and I didn't go back due to a very "snoberish" vibe I got while I was there. I wanted to get some size 7 double pointed needles becaause I'm working on some socks and the magic loop method just aint working for me. I usually get the "cost efficient" Boye metal ones but something said "why not get some bamboos", hence my detour to this yarn shop.

Bad news is that when I showed up they were closed. Good news is that they lost their lease so all their yarn must go!The sale starts tomorrow and I will be there come hell or high water. For all you other yarn addicts out there who are in the city, here is the address in Chantese;

East Lexington Avenue between 95th and 94th Streets. By train, take the 6 to 96th street, go up the South West exit and walk 2 and a half blocks south.

I'm so excited I may run there during my lunch. I just had to look out for all my fellow fiber enthusiast. Happy knitting!

No comments: