Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Does anyone have the number to Stashbusters????

So, I bet your wondering if I went to the yarn sale I previously posted about? Do you even have to ask? Hell yeah!

Here's the rundown:

6 balls of Royal Yarns Cashsoft DK

12 balls of Regia Sock yarn in various colorways

2 Skeins of Classic Elite Yarns Miracle

4 Skeins of Berrocco Ultra Alpaca

4 Skeins of Koigu KPPPM

1 ball of Karabella Gossamer

4 skein of Artyarns Supermerino

and 4 skeins of Nashua Handknits Wooly Stripes.

I also picked up some Addi Turbo Circular knitting needles in various lengths and sizes, bamboo double pointeds, a pom pon maker and a knitting knobby.

Although the original prices are kinda high, everything in the store was half price. I couldn't resist! So, I ask again, does anyone know the number to stash busters?

Besides the stash enhancment, I've been knitting like crazy. A little while back, I don't know any other way to explain it but it felt like I lost my knitting mojo. I would pick up a project and would only knit a couple of rows and be compelled to put it down. I just couldn't get motivated to knit anything. It almost felt like a chore (perish the thought) and it made me doubt my knitting devotion. I prayed that the feeling would pass and alas it has. So, I finished the pink baby set that I was working on for my cousin. I used the dreaded LB Pound of Love that I spoke of a while ago. I love the little crocheted flowers on the buttonholes. That was my favorite part of the sweater.

I also started on another one using Caron Simply Soft in peach. This time I'm making the cardigan in pieces and seaming them together. Ususally I wait until I've finished knitting everything to weave in the ends and seam it up, but I've learned my lesson.

I finished the socks for my grandmother two days before Mothers Day. I was planning on using the Koigu yarn that I had but it just wasn't working out and I was running out of time. So I ended up turning to the ever dependable Caron Simply Soft. I used a simple lace patern out of one of my stitch dictionaries. Of course I can't think of the name of the book or stitch right now but I really like the way this stich looked so I might have to go diggin'. Please forgive me for the horrible pics.

I'm also working on an Ipod cover for my Boo's new Nano. Gives me a reason to use some of the sock yarn I have. Yep, just like most knitters I'm always looking for ways to legitemize my over indulgence in the art.

Before I go I just want to express how excited I am over the Sistah Friends Knitting Secret Exchange. (commence sappy background music)Two years ago I would have never thought that I would be knitting or let alone blogging like this and just being a part of the knitting community makes me feel special (end music). This will be my first time participating in an exchange and I can't wait to get started. Yeeaaaah!

Happy Knitting!


I also dyed some yarn. The one on the right was dip dyed using kool ade and the one on the left was dyed using Wiltons Icing . I like the way the kool aid yarn came out but I'm not too happy about the Wiltons. I'm willing to admit that I do not have a knack for matching colors. My friend Kim is a wiz at that kind of stuff but unfortunately I did not consult her prior to choosing my colors. I also noticed that the Wilton dyed yarn doesn's seem to "pop" like the kool ade yarn. They seem a little more muted. Well, at least now I know for future refence.Of course I'm going to use the yarn for som thing but it just may take me awhile to think of what that is.


Phyllis said...


I've been going through blogs and loved what you've done with the baby set that is so adorable. Where did you get the pattern? I'm expecting a new niece in August and besides a personalized quilt I like to include a sweater set. Keep up the wonderful work. I also love the sock for your Grandmother.

ZantiMissKnit said...

I think the number for Stashbusters is 1-800-ZantiMissKnit.

So jealous. So, so, so jealous at your yarn score. It put my recent score to shame (hangs head).

I love those baby sets! Especially the one with the flowers. Too bad everyone I know right now is having boys.

Carine said...

Actually I like both skeins, there's nothing wrong with the one on the left. Are you kidding me? Any color and brown is hot. Have you knit up a swatch yet?

Necia said...

I love your yarn stash. I'm not even jealous. I think you made some FANTASTIC choices, and I'm proud just to know ya.


del said...

Girl, even if I knew the number to Stashbusters, I wouldn't give it to you, LOL! I don't like being the only yarn hog. I also attended a sale a few weeks back & I tell you, I was giddy in that place.

Love the baby knits!! I'm getting ready to start some & also am eyeing the Caron baby soft--I think machine-washables are important for baby items.

Cutie said...

Hi Chante,

I tried to email you but aol and gmail don't seem to want to play nice (for me anyhow)
I just wanted to let you know that you have to reapply for the ring when you change web addresses. Its like changing phone numbers- if you don't let people know, how will you get calls? Same idea. Here is a link:

Take care!

Anonymous said...